Balens Home Insurance - specially designed for Health Professionals* who work from home and offering up to 10% discount
* Please note this does not include medical professionals such as General Practitioners who provide treatment to their patients from their home. If in doubt please call Balens helpline: 01684 893 006.
Although household policies do not usually provide cover for working from home, our exclusive policy allows you to work from home and automatically includes up to £10,000 cover for your business equipment in your home. Please note your treatment-related liabilities should be separately covered under your treatment insurance cover.
Balens is a well established, fourth generation, family run business, celebrating 60 years' experience with staff who are dedicated to providing help and support to their clients. They are one of the largest brokers in the UK & Republic of Ireland servicing Complementary & Beauty Therapists, Health Professionals, Organisations, Salons, Businesses and Charities. They have now teamed up with Ansvar to create a highly competitive and flexible home insurance product for health professionals.
Ansvar Insurance is a business division of Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc and has extensive experience of providing competitive insurance products for its affinity partners.
Features and Benefits
Designed for owner-occupied homes (up to 5 bedrooms) with special appeal to householders who are closely linked to the not-for-profit sector through either church membership and/or charity involvement such as voluntary work or regular personal giving.
- Buildings cover with a 'blanket' sum insured up to £1,000,000
- Contents cover with sum insured options up to a total of £75,000 (valuables inner limit up to £18,000 and an item limit of £3,000)
- Sum insured options for specified, or unspecified, items up to a total of £12,000 (maximum item limit of £2,500 for unspecified)
- Accidental damage and Property Owners Liability
- Accidental damages
- Public liability in respect of specific business activities (not including your therapy activities) run solely at the home by the insured
- Money, credit cards and refrigerated contents
- Belongings of family students at university or college accommodation
- The insuredís office contents at the home which are used for business purposes
- Personal effects of visitors, employees and paying guests
- Additional covers not normally found in other home policies for:
- Voluntary giving protection for regular charitable donations in the event of unemployment
- Trustees indemnity if the insured is a trustee of a registered or recognised charity
- Accidental loss of charity money held on behalf of a registered or recognised charity
- Personal accident benefit for death or permanent total disablement while undertaking voluntary charity work
- £10,000 business contents relating to your therapy activities at the home
Please see the Key Facts for a synopsis of the insurance available under the Balens Home Insurance Policy. If you require any other explanation please contact Balens Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm on Tel: 01684 580 788.
Balens Ltd, Balens Ltd, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, WR14 2TA
Tel: 01684 580 788
Fax: 01684 891 361